Open Call: The FRESH MILK ‘My Time’ Local Residency
FRESH MILK is thrilled to have received generous support towards hosting its first local residency call for 2014!
Visual artists working in a variety of disciplines (sculpture, installation, painting, drawing, performance, photography, new media, interdisciplinary) are invited to apply.
Duration of Residency: 4 weeks
FRESH MILK will provide:
- A $1,000.00 BBD stipend to the artist
- Wireless internet
- A 15.5 x 12.5 ft studio space
- A wide expanse of rural land
- Access to the Colleen Lewis Reading Room on site
- A varied network of creatives to connect with
- The option to participate in a public event showcasing the outcome of the residency
- Artist must be a resident of Barbados
- Artist must not have taken part in an on-site FRESH MILK Residency within the last 2 years
Expectations of the Artist:
- Artist must come out to the studio a minimum of four days per week between Monday and Friday. Studio access is between 7 am and 6 pm.
- Artist must supply their own materials and equipment
- Artist must complete some form of public outreach in relation to the work created during the residency (artist talk/presentation, workshop, exhibition, etc.)
- Artist will be required to keep a weekly blog of their activities and processes, and submit a report to FRESH MILK at the conclusion of the residency
- Artist will be required to donate a piece of work to the donor who made this residency possible
To be considered, please submit the following to email@example.com with the subject line ‘My Time Local Residency Proposal‘:
- The completed application form which can be downloaded from the FRESH MILK website (includes applicant’s contact information, an artist statement, and full residency proposal)
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A numbered portfolio of 5-10 images (or 2-3 short videos as the case may be) of recent work
- An index of the portfolio pieces in numerical order, with the title, medium and date listed
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for submission is March 7th, 2014. Residency dates will be negotiated with the artist after they have been selected, and may commence as soon as March 17th. Residency must be completed by May 30th.