ROYAL BARBADOS POLICE FORCE NAB BURGLAR & LAY CHARGES FOR WEAPONS CACHE
Police this week have seized 4 illegal firearms, and a number of persons have been assisting with investigations.
1. Police detectives have arrested and charged Jahmeel Lorenzo Jones, 23 years of No-fix-place-of-abode for the following offences:
- 22 counts of burglary – most of these were committed between 2013 and 2014 in the Bush Hall and Ivy, St Michael communities;
- 2 counts of Disorderly behavior;
- 1 count of possession of a firearm without a valid licence;
- 1 count of possession of a quantity of ammunition without a valid permit.
With the arrest of Jones we continue to have success into the burglaries being committed. Jones is expected to appear at the District A Magistrates Court on Monday, January 27, 2014.
2. Police detectives have arrested and jointly charged Gary Decourcey Zephirin 37 years of Cyprus Street, Bridgetown, and Kynasha Gill 20 years, of King William Street, Bridgetown for the following offences which were committed on Friday January 24, 2014:
Zepherin and Gill are expected to appear at the District A Magistrates Court on Monday, January 27, 2014.
- David Welch – Insp.
Public Relations Officer: RBPF