Ellerton Gospel Hall: fea’s. Canadian soprano, Sarah-Jane MacCaull & Composer James McConnel – Sun. 25 March
Great news for music lovers!
It’s Holders Season from March 17 to 31, featuring nine different performances of a variety of musical styles in the elegant splendour of the original plantation house on Holders Hill.
This as the Ellerton Gospel Hall developed a special relationship with the same Holders Season, and last year hosted two performances by visiting artistes who wanted to experience the “real Barbados” at our little village church on Sundays during the Holders Season. This is an opportunity for local residents to enjoy great music in an informal, accessible location, with no tickets required. (Just come early to ensure a seat.)
On Sunday 25 March 2012, we are looking forward to a return visit by James McConnel, a musician with awesome talent at the keyboard. He christened our new piano last year with some magical music. He is very entertaining with a delightful sense of musical humour. He is performing in two shows at the Holders Season, and is generously sharing his talents with the community in Ellerton.
The featured artiste at this program on March 25 is a Canadian soprano, Sarah-Jane MacCaull. The recital will start promptly at 7:00pm.
The Gospel Hall is on the “back street” of Ellerton: Niles Road. If you are coming from the ABC highway, take the Norman Niles Roundabout, and continue east – past the old Bulkeley Sugar Factory. The main corner in Ellerton has “Elsie’s” on the left and the cricket field on the right. Turn left (north) and continue past Dr. Esther Byer-Suckoo’s constituency office and the Ellerton Primary School. Look for the sign to turn left at the next street, which is Niles Road. Continue around the corner to our little white church.
The Holders Season: Full details at www.holders.net
- Book your tickets in advance: 432-7338 or 432-6385.
Tickets range from $200 to a very affordable $40. The sound system on the beautifully-lighted grounds is excellent, so you can fully enjoy the music from anywhere. Gates open at 5:30; parking is free; and you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks. Shows start very promptly at 7:00pm. It’s wise to carry an umbrella.
- Saturday, March 17 – Authentic African Music
- Monday, March 19 – The Cole Porter Story
- Wednesday, March 21 – New York based singer Kaya and Latin gypsy guitarist Estas Tonne
- Friday, March 23 – Comedy Night
- Saturday, March 24 – Music Hall comes to Holders
- Monday, March 26 – King of Swing with Julian Bliss
- Wednesday, March 28 – French Soiree a la Piaf
- Thursday, March 29 – Classical Night
- Saturday, March 31 – Gala Night Finale (which always sells out; be sure to inquire early about special dining arrangements)